Young Marketing Consulting is looking for well-rounded, detail-oriented Front-End Web Developer and Digital Designer interested in challenging themselves with new responsibilities and projects on a regular basis. This position will report directly to our Creative Director and will be responsible for fulfilling our clients’ design vision across websites, digital, print, experiential and environmental assets.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Implement client web requirements for design, functionality, etc. (work will be primarily in WordPress but will include other platforms)
- Prepare website wireframes, storyboards, user/process flows, site maps, visitor personas, site mockups and site design concepts as required
- Assist with website content and navigation architecture as required
- Ensure all digital/web elements are responsive across numerous screen-sizes and platform operating systems
- Produce and incorporate client-requested functionality such as web forms, payment processing/e-commerce, CRM/database data calls, etc.
- Support YMC’s marketing campaign tracking activities by managing the integration of tracking functions such as Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, etc.
- Provide client website maintenance as required (installing and configuring content management systems, CMS plug-ins, configuring domains/sub-domains, etc.)
- Develop digital identity materials for clients, including but not limited to web graphics, social assets, site iconography, imagery/photography, infographics, color palettes, typography, etc.
- Create digital and print-based visual assets to support client marketing campaigns
- Assist with template creation for deliverables such as client presentations, documents, etc.
- Prepare email templates for maximum impact
In addition, the Front-End Web Developer/Digital Designer shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring all assigned design deadlines are managed and met
- Proactively monitoring initiative progress against client goals
- Researching best practices and new developments in web and graphic design
- Proposing and implementing improvements to client campaigns and YMC processes where needed
- Maintaining and updating YMC’s client project tracking portal, ensuring that all time is tracked and reported appropriately (including for internal initiatives)
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, digital design, or related field. Equivalent work experience or Associates degree in web design will also be considered.
- 3-5 years of full-time experience in web development at a marketing agency or internal marketing department
- A strong web and print design portfolio
- An impeccable attention to detail – we want the kind of person who will do things the right way the first time
- Deep knowledge of WordPress
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.) and other conventional design/layout tools
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about all things design and technology
- Strong written communication and grammar skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. You’ll need to like working with people and be dedicated to solving their problems.
- The ability to maintain a high level of organization and deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- A proactive, self-motivated mindset
Familiarity with the areas below will be considered a plus but not required. The selected candidate will receive training in these areas where necessary.
- Optimizely or other content/page testing systems is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- Experience working on the UI and UX of online shopping carts and e-commerce sites
Term and Compensation
This position will be a full-time, salaried position with salary commensurate with experience and starting at $65,000.
While we do maintain a Metro-accessible office in Arlington, VA, much of our work is done remotely and this will continue to be even after COVID. Flexible arrangements will be made depending on your desired work location.
Young Marketing Consulting offers a silver-level health plan, generous paid time off, reimbursement for required technology purchases and a flexible work environment among other benefits.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter describing the reasons for your interest in the position to Tim Young’s attention via our job application page. Please include “Front-End Web Developer/Digital Designer Application” in your cover letter.
About Young Marketing Consulting
Young Marketing Consulting is a strategic marketing consultancy and full-service marketing agency that helps clients convert their target audience into customers. With more than 50 years of experience, the YMC team has driven marketing strategy, planning and campaign execution for everyone from Fortune 500 companies to the scrappiest startups. Founded in 2013, we’re based in Arlington, VA. Learn more at youngmarketingconsulting.com.
Young Marketing Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Young Marketing Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.