We’re seeking a well-rounded, detail-oriented Web and Graphic Designer looking to challenge themselves with new responsibilities and projects on a regular basis. This position will report directly to our President and will be responsible for fulfilling our clients’ design vision in whatever medium is necessary to achieve their goals.
Responsibilities and Requirements
The Web and Graphic Designer’s primary duties will fall into the following areas:
- Gather and implement client web requirements in the areas of design, functionality, etc.
- Prepare website wireframes, storyboards, user/process flows, site maps, visitor personas, site mockups and site design concepts as required
- Assist with website content and navigation architecture as required
- Implement SEO and web tracking coding, processes and tools to improve client campaign performance
- Ensure all digital/web elements are responsive across numerous screen-sizes and platform operating systems
- Produce and incorporate client-requested functionality such as web forms, payment processing/e-commerce, CRM/database data calls, etc.
- Support YMC’s marketing campaign tracking activities by managing the integration of tracking functions such as Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, etc.
- Provide client website maintenance as required (installing and configuring content management systems, CMS plug-ins, configuring domains/sub-domains, etc.)
- Develop visual identity materials for clients, including but not limited to logos, logomarks, iconography, imagery/photography, color palettes, etc.
- Design print identity materials where required, including point-of-sale materials, post cards, flyers, brochures, signage, etc.
- Create digital and print-based visual assets to support client marketing campaigns
- Assist with template creation for deliverables such as client presentations, documents, etc.
- Create compelling social media content such as infographics, images, etc.
- Prepare email templates for maximum impact
In addition, the Web and Graphic Designer shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring all assigned design deadlines are met
- Proactively monitoring initiative progress against client goals
- Researching best practices and new developments in web and graphic design
- Proposing and implementing improvements to client campaigns and YMC processes where needed
- Maintaining and updating YMC’s client project tracking portal, ensuring that all billable time is tracked and reported appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic/web design, computer science, or related field. Equivalent work experience or Associate’s degree in web design will also be considered.
- 2-3 years of full-time experience in web and graphic design at a marketing agency or internal marketing department
- A strong web and print design portfolio
- An impeccable attention to detail – we want the kind of person who will do things the right way the first time
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- Deep knowledge of WordPress
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent software package
- Experience working with online shopping carts and e-commerce sites
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about all things design and technology
- Strong written communication and grammar skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. You’ll need to like working with people and be dedicated to solving their problems.
- The ability to maintain a high level of organization and deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive, self-motivated mindset
Familiarity with the areas below will be considered a plus but not required. The selected candidate will receive training in these areas where necessary.
- CRM and Marketing Automation Suites (e.g. HubSpot, ActOn, Pardot, InfusionSoft, Marketo, Salesforce, Zoho, etc.)
- Optimizely or other content/page testing systems is a plus
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter describing the reasons for your interest in the position to Tim Young’s attention at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Web and Graphic Designer Application” in the subject of your email.
About Young Marketing Consulting
Young Marketing Consulting is a strategic marketing consultancy and full service marketing agency that helps clients convert their target audience into customers. With more than 40 years of experience, the YMC team has driven marketing strategy, planning and campaign execution for everyone from Fortune 500 companies to the scrappiest startups. Founded in 2013, we’re based in Arlington, VA. Learn more at youngmarketingconsulting.com.
Young Marketing Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Young Marketing Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.