One of Young Marketing Consulting’s clients, an exciting new retail loyalty program that rewards consumers for shopping local, is looking for an outside salesperson with experience selling to retailers to launch the brand in the Northern Virginia market. This position will be our client’s first hire, and is ideal for an entrepreneurial individual looking to wear a number of hats and significantly influence the direction and success of the company.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Travel through assigned sales territory to call on prospective retail customers, secure meetings, present product demos, and solicit business from retailers of all industries interested in participating in the loyalty program
- Schedule meetings and hold sales phone calls, presentations and demos for prospective clients
- Work with retail prospects to identify their needs and present the appropriate service package to them
- Identify and prioritize new territory opportunities
- Enter and maintain all lead, prospect, and customer data into CRM system
- Prepare and present accurate sales forecasts and reports on a monthly basis
- Secure and log signed contracts from all closed opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate networks in the retail space (including local governments, local retail associations, commercial real estate owners/lessors/brokers, shop local groups, etc.)
- Respond to inbound sales leads via phone and email
- Follow up with closed customers to ensure they are onboarded appropriately; maintain a relationship with these individuals
- Work with the product development team to improve marketing messages and product offerings
- At least four years of outside retail sales experience with demonstrated sales increases, ideally for a product that combines hardware and software such as a POS system, security system, etc.
- Demonstrated experience building and prioritizing leads within a new sales territory
- Demonstrated experience setting and hitting aggressive sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Comfort with CRM systems
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- You must own a car and have a valid US driver’s license
Base salary will be between $40-$60,000, depending on experience. Quarterly bonuses will also be paid based on performance against sales targets.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your experience selling to retailers and fit for the role to the attention of Manas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Retail Loyalty Salesperson Application” as your subject line.